Schematic Diagram of the Theoretical Model framework should be given so that the reader can see and easily comprehend the theorized relationships.
Research Question: Why middle class families decline in their size?
By following the guidelines discussed earlier let us develop a theoretical framework.
1. Inventory of variables: Education levels of the couples, age at marriage, working women, rationalism, exposure to mass media of communication, accessibility to health services, practicing of family planning practices, aspirations about the education of children, shift to nuclear families, mobility orientation.
2. Specify the direction of relationship: Higher the education higher the age at marriage. Higher the education of women greater the chances of their being career women. Higher the education more the rationalism. Higher the education more selective the exposure to mass media of communication. Higher the education more the accessibility to health services. Higher the education more the practicing of family planning practices. Higher the education of the parents the higher their aspirations about the education of their children. Higher the education of the couple greater thee chances of shifting to nuclear families. Higher the education of the couples the higher their mobility orientation.
3. Give a clear explanation of why we should expect the proposed relationships to exist. For example higher the education higher the age at marriage. One could build up the argument like this: For purposes of getting high levels of education the youngsters spend about 16 years of their life in educational institutions. Let us say they complete their education at the age of 22 years. After completing education they spend 2-3 years for establishing themselves in their careers. During this period continue deferring their marriage. By the time they decide about their marriage they are about 25 years.
Compare this age at marriage with the age at marriage of 16 years. Obviously with this higher age at marriage there is a reduction in the reproductive period of women. Similarly we can develop logic in support of other proposed relationships.
4. Make an inventory of propositions. The proposed relationships under item 2 about
could be the examples of propositions.
5. Arrange these propositions in a sequential order. These propositions can be arranged
6. Schematic diagram of the theoretical model be given Voluntary Job Turnover:
• Inventory of variables:
• Equity of pay, job complexity, participation of decision making, job satisfaction, job performance, labor market conditions, number of organization, personal characteristics, expectation of finding an alternatives, intentions to quit, job turnover.
• Apply all the components of theoretical framework